By Jeremy Armstrong
During the holiday season, many of us find ourselves packing our backpacks and heading out to all corners of the country. These 11 resources are our favorites of the year; they will fit in your luggage, and they will make your worship leading life easier and richer. Win all around.
1. This is a cut and paste (in the best sense of the term) worship liturgy (read: setlist/artistic elements/templates/devotionals and more) for the modern worship leader.
2. Don’t forget your Scripture reading on vacation (for some of us need it during the holidays more than ever!). This outstanding approach invites you to pray the Scriptures. Truly inspired.
3. Since you are the musician of the family, it’s likely you’ll be asked to provide some worship music or even musical entertainment. Step one, load up your iPad with your chords and sheet music. Step two, pick up this handy thing. It triples: works on a mic stand, a desk, or on your lap for those lazy post-turkey movie-watching afternoons.
4. Why not make use of some of the downtime while away from home? This is perfect for new guitar players to learn the essentials with a worship focus.
5. If you are going to be asked to play somewhere, might as well sound good. This pedal captures the nuances of classic modulation effects, putting it conveniently in one great-sounding box. The stereo inputs make it a great keyboard effect too.
6. Okay so this won’t exactly fit in your backpack … but pretty stinking close. Plus it’s the best sounding synth bass we’ve heard all year.
7. Either for recording purposes or for getting the best vocal nuance in a loud stage environment, pack this guy away and break it out for both venues.
8. No one likes to use something that has been in someone else’s ear. These are a must for your travels, and this company loves working with churches (they may even give you a discount).
9. We mentioned loading your chord charts on your iPad … if you don’t have a good organizing system already, this is the only app you’ll need.
10. Unless you vacay with your whole team, most likely you wont have your lead guitar player with you at your aunt Martha’s church. This app will let you fill in your absent instruments.
11. Lastly, make sure you have our favorite worship music release of the year!