Here are the top congregational songs of 2013 so far, according to Worship Leader. Feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments.
Did it appear on a release that has come out since January of this year?
Is it congregational in nature in melody and lyrical sentiment?
Is it fresh in lyrical content and musical approach?
Is it a prayer that resonates with your heart?
Is it already impacting the Church?
20. “High King of Heaven,” Vineyard Campbellsville, Promises of Wonder (Russell/Daugherty)
19. “Your Love Endures,” Samuel Lane, The Fire (Clarke/Clarke)
18. “Heaven’s Prince of Peace,” David M Edwards, Heart Full of Soul (Sillas/Edwards)
17. “In the Arms (Acoustic),” Carlos Whittaker, Fight (Whittaker/Finochio)
16. “Revive Us Again,” Charlie Hall, Death of Death (Hall/Ragland/Husband/MacKay)
15. “Safe in Your Arms,” Martin Smith, God’s Great Dance Floor, Step 01 (Tomlin/Smith)
14. “This I Know,” Crowder, Essential Collection (Crowder)
13. “The Lord Our God,” Passion, Let the Future Begin (Ingram/Stanfill)
12. “God Most High,” Worship Central, Let It Be Known (Cantelon/Hellebronth/Layzell)
11. “Crown Him (Majesty),” Chris Tomlin, Burning Lights (Tomlin/Cash/Elvey/Thring/Maher/Bridges)
10. “Beautiful Love,” BJ Putnam, More and More (Putnam/Riddle/Jones/King)
9. “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)” Hillsong United, Zion (Houston/Crocker/Lighthelm)
8. “The Mystery of Faith,” Glenn Packiam, The Mystery of Faith (Packiam/Riddle)
7. “Lord I Need You,” Matt Maher, All the People Said Amen (Nockels/Carson/Reeves/Stanfill/Maher)
6. “Victor’s Crown,” Darlene Zschech, Revealing Jesus (Zschech/Houghton/Jobe)
5. “Open Up Our Eyes,” Elevation Worship, Nothing Is Wasted (Brown/Gatch/Brock/Garrard/Joye)
4. “The Cross Stands,” Worship Central, Let It Be Known (Cantelon/Redman/Herbert/Hughes)
3. “Praise the Invisible,” Daniel Bashta, The Invisible (Bashta)
2. “Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies),” Chris Tomlin, Burning Lights (Tomlin/Cash/Cash)
1. “Great Are You Lord,” All Sons & Daughters, Live (Leonard/Ingram/Jordan)