• Female Worship Leaders

sallyann@elcaminobaptist.org

February 3, 2020 at 12:20 pm

As a female Worship Minister (at a Southern Baptist church), I find it somewhat challenging to get an honest view in the worship leader groups I’m a part of. All of my community colleagues are amazing and inspiring, I would just really like to read an article about a worship leader and her take on being a female in a predominantly male role. Her challenges, her successes, even her failures. Just a thought. Thanks so much for having this forum!

tessescoto

February 19, 2020 at 10:45 am

Hi, Sally!

This has been my experience as well. I have found that I’ve had to really highlight the professional credits I have and present myself as the best choice for the job (paid or unpaid), just to get in the door and share what I really think: that worship is bigger than all of us. I try to teach leadership to the musicians that I’ve served with and emotional intelligence as well. Team building in this way is helpful, but only when you have the Pastor’s support.

ctowns71

February 19, 2020 at 4:12 pm

The Pastor/leadership is the key. If you have a Pastor who has a heart for God and the people of God, he/she will seek to connect with like spirits in their worship leader and choose not the spirit and not the person/personality. Stay true to who you are and God will exalt you and lead you to a place where your gift and heart for God and worship is valued, exercised and appreciated.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now