Website Helena First
Leading People to Life in Jesus
We have an immediate opening for a Worship Pastor (or Director) who loves Jesus and leading people into an encounter with God through worship. Our growing church consists of around 1,300 people (pre-COVID) in Montana’s capital city: Helena. Even during this pandemic, by God’s grace, we’re experiencing a great influx of new families and the vibe here is alive and excited for what lies ahead! This role is full time, exempt, directly reporting to the Worship Experience Pastor. Compensation: D.O.E.
PRIOR TO APPLYING: It is important that you…
- have a proven record of recruiting and developing teams and have considerable experience as a primarily leader of worship in a church of over 600 people.
- prefer leading worship that is primarily upbeat and celebrative, with Jesus as the focus. A mixture of tempos is fine but we start and end the worship set upbeat.
- are able to enjoy cold weather. Montana is a gorgeous place to live with an abundance of outdoor sports and recreation. Winters can be long and cold; great for skiing just 30 minutes outside of town, but not so great if you only like warm weather.
- are willing to utilize – to a lesser extent – other gifts/abilities you bring to the team in addition to worship leading.
- are supportive of Assembly of God beliefs. https://ag.org/Beliefs/Statement-of-Fundamental-Truths We do not require you to have certain spiritual gifts. Our “flavor” is nondenominational and Jesus is our focus.
- don’t take yourself too seriously. We love having fun!
- are able to provide videos of yourself leading worship.
If the above applies to you, GREAT (see job description below)! We’re eager to see your resume and videos! If not, that’s okay. You’re still loved and we trust that God will guide you to a church that is a better fit.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintain strong communication and relationship with the Leadership Team.
Oversee the quality of Worship.
Coordinate the creation of schedules, auditions, and weekly rehearsals.
Cooperatively team with the other ministries and staff of Helena First, i.e. providing support to Kids and Youth Worship.
Leadership of Volunteer Teams
Success in this role will best be accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, develop strong worship teams:
Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
Communicating clear vision and wins for leaders on a regular basis.
Recruiting, interviewing, auditioning, developing, empowering, scheduling, supervising, reviewing, redirecting (as necessary) Worship Serve Team members.
Consistently communicating with team members.
Leading departmental meetings and empowering the team to fulfill their unique roles.
Oversight and Execution of Worship Services
Responsible for creating an environment where people can connect with God in meaningful ways:
Serving in whatever capacity you can most effectively lead your team to lead others in worship.
Ensuring worship services are planned with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy and musical appropriateness.
Overseeing song selection, musical arrangement, chord charts, lyrics, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and others who enhance the worship experience.
Leading in some form of spiritual and relational development at every rehearsal.
Providing pastoral care for Worship Teams.
Formulating worship standards.
Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com