- We asked some of our contributors what their must have items for 2020 are, here’s what they had to say!
We asked some of our contributors what their must have items for 2020 are, here’s what Kent Morris had to say!
KENT MORRIS’ MUST HAVE GEAR FOR 2020:
- Whirlwind Q-Box
- This simple box makes testing and tracing sound systems easy. It has a built-in speaker to confirm audio and can make single-person jobs a cinch.
- Gator Frameworks GFW-ID-MIC
- When A mic stand fails, it is embarrassing and distracting. This one will not fail. It is built to withstand years of abuse and keep on working.
- Peavey USB-P
- For less than $80, this box will solve the ongoing issue of sound from computers. It is a stereo transformer isolated unit designed to remove him and buzz.
- Decimator DEC-MD-LX
- At $99, this is a steal of a deal for a box that will bi-directionally concert HDMI and HD-SDI with separate audio to boot.
- DMX to PWM driver
- For about $20, you can control the LED tape strips that are now popular on stage designs via DMX. This box converts the DMX 512 signal to Pulse Width Modulation to make the strips operate in conjunction with the main lighting rig.
Kent Morris is a 40-year veteran of the AVL arena driven by passion for excellence tempered by the knowledge digital is a temporary state.