WRITE WITH US
Please make sure to checkout what we look for before hitting submit.
WRITING FOR WL
Worship Leader’s influence/insight has literally been a transforming force across faith traditions, nations, and generations. WL has expanded and enriched the way we understand, create, curate, define, and share worship. At its heart, WL has always been an ancient/future NOW endeavor with God at the center and communication and prayer the call. Readership is cross-generational, trans-denominational and culturally expansive.
Worship Leader’s readers want to dig deep into theology, doxology, and ethno-musicology; they want to know the How, the Why, the What, Where, When and the “WHO” of worship. They have a pulse on both trends and history, and are big on Biblical imagination and Scripture.
Worship Leader’s readers are pastors, worship pastors, youth pastors, vocalists, choir directors, musical and arts pastors, musicians, sound techs, creative senders and receivers, publishers and producers, women and men, deep thinkers that embrace the Spirit in worship: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; spirit-soul-body; spirit-and-truth; and psalms, hymns and spirit-ual songs.
Our mission is to train, encourage and support those who lead us in worship to grow in facilitating/curating/collaborating the service of worship in the house of prayer—to engage in worship that is formational, discipling, joy-producing, connected to the Biblical narrative, incarnational, participatory, and above all prayerful communication. And we do this by building a platform for shared wisdom and inviting you to take your place there.
FORMAT & WORD COUNT
- Web articles – Between 500 and 1500 words
- Digital mag articles – Between 500 and 1500 words
- Please include 2-3 pull out quotes.
BEFORE YOU SEND…
- Worship Leader does not pay for articles, but we do include a byline, bio and photo and a discount to our conference.
- We will edit articles for spelling, punctuation, accuracy, grammar, content, and length.
If we publish your contribution, we ask that you not distribute your article through other channels for at least 12 months.
- We’ll do our best to get back to you in a timely manner. Thank you for your support and contributions to our mission
FILL OUT THE FORM
MORE INFO ABOUT WHAT WE LIKE TO SHARE WITH OUR READERS
- Past, present and future look at worship, theoretically and practically, its impetus, content, practice and impact.
- How to lead a team, respond to God, curate worship; respond to and engage with your congregation, facilitate worship that is participatory; best practices in playing an instrument, writing a worship song…or a rap, spoken-word, a service liturgy; how to be effective as a sound engineer, lighting engineer, pastor, worship leader, musician, choir director…. And…
MUSIC & TECHNOLOGY
- Reviews: music, albums, songs, and technology (software, hardware, equipment). If it helps the worshiper and enhances engagement, we’re interested.
- Interviews with worship leaders, pastors, authors, artists, technologists, Influencers, those in the trenches of sound, lighting, production, vocalists, musicians… about ideas, projects, books, experiences.
- Profiles of worshiping communities and churches creating worship breakthrough (creatively, sonically, and technologically), whether house church… small, middle or mega church, we knows there is a story that will encourage and assist others.
- Articles for vocalists, musicians, choir directors to enrich and enhance communicating worship
- Heart pieces on the state of the art from around the world
- Sung prayer – articles focusing on the many angles and attributes of worship as sung prayer.
PSALMS, HYMNS & SPIRITUAL SONGS
- Articles on the functions of music in a service of worship
THE CHRISTIAN CALENDAR
- Send articles and songs that highlight key dates in the Christian Calendar Send your articles 3 months ahead of what you are highlighting.
- SUBJECT & SEND DATE
- Advent/Christmas 9/1
- Lent 10/1
- Easter/Resurrection Sunday 12/1
- Maundy Thursday
- Good Friday
- Pentecost 2/1
- Day of Atonement
- Feast of Tabernacles
THE CHRISTIAN SERVICE OF WORSHIP
- Send songs and articles that highlight elements in services and types of services. For example:
- Elements: Call to worship, prayers of the people, reading the Text, communion, passing the peace, offertory, Blessing the people, altar call…
- Types: Weddings, funerals, baptisms, ordinations, etc. Community days of Prayer: intercession, thanksgiving, supplication, proclamation, peace.